Is it really “ish” when I am actually updating you on nothing but my book? I feel like “ish” implies that it’s kind of about the subject matter, but not really. Alas, I am an elder millennial, and I am likely using the “ish” wrong.
Anyway, here goes…
- We’re only ONE MONTH from book launch people. ONE MONTH! YAY!
- Advanced Reader copies of “The Author and The Illustrator” have been sent to those who signed up. Also, YAY!
- You can now PRE-ORDER the Kindle version of my book to have it magically appear on your device on Oct. 1! Pre-order here. Again, YAY!
- Paperbacks and hardcover copies will be available to purchase on Oct. 1. This is two days earlier than I had initially stated. I repeat, YAY!
- The other day, I rolled up both my sleeves and found something hiding away inside them. You’re dying to know what it is right? It’s an ONLINE BOOK LAUNCH PARTY! The event is perfect for us introverts (we don’t have to shmooze) and includes a live reading of the first three (or four) chapters of my book, and I’ll be giving away two signed hardcovers and two super cute mugs with a quote from my book. I’ll also have a special offer for everyone! Date is TBA, but will be held in October. 🙂 Super-duper YAY!
“The Author and The Illustrator” book blurb:
Jayne was either dying or going crazy. This is what she thought every time her right hand started hurting. She never suspected it was magic...
Thirteen-year-old Jayne grew up with her loving mom and dad in downtown Portland, Oregon. She liked books and movies, and hanging out with her best friend. At school, she stayed camouflaged in the background—careful not to attract the attention of bullies. Life was good and safe.
But her very ordinary, plain life changes when her parents are hit in a tragic bicycling accident. She barely has time to breathe before she is whisked away to live with a misfit crew of orphans and a seemingly psychic foster mom. As if her new home wasn’t odd enough, the neighborhood turns out to be even weirder. It’s here she encounters talking animals, a ghost-witch, and a secret that connects Jayne to all of it.
In search of answers, Jayne and two unlikely friends embark on a journey where she discovers she possesses a strange power. But fearful of those who would force her to use her gift for evil, Jayne must keep her magic hidden.